It pays to plan ahead for career success. K2 Development is here to help you with all aspects of career planning and to help you become more employable. We offer practical advice on many areas including:
- How to succeed in interviews.
- How to best use your qualification to achieve career success.
- How to market yourself to ensure you stand out from your peers.
- How to build an outstanding CV.
- Troubleshooting to help you avoid things that limit your chances of success.
We also carry out psychometric profiling to help your career decisions.
Psychometric profiling assessments are a standard and scientific method used to measure individuals’ leadership, management, and behavioural styles.
Career’s Co-ordinator – Alan Jones
K2 Development’s Careers Co-ordinator, Alan Jones, is available to talk to about any concerns or questions you might have about your career and can provide impartial advice and guidance on potential career routes, degrees at university, finding part-time work while at college, financial support and other issues relating to your career. His e-mail can be found at the bottom of our website.
What Learners Have To Say About Our Careers Service
We benefit from the great careers information, advice and guidance which is provided by knowledgable college staff. They have a clear focus to provide a wide and comprehensive range of activities and events which raise the aspirations of us, the learners.
Applying to Higher Education – Quick Checklist
If you are in the process of applying to study in a higher education programme, here’s our quick checklist guide to help you work through the process. Please click on the PDF document below.
Our Going to Uni Guide – Applying for Higher Education (HE)
For a more detailed guide on the process and timings on applying to study on an HE programme, we have created this useful booklet. Please click on the PDF document below.
Our Career Strategy is to:
- Provide access to a range of activities that inspire young people, including employer talks, careers fairs, motivational speakers, colleges and university visits.
- Build strong links with employers who can help to boost young people’s attitudes and employability skills, inform pupils about the range of roles and opportunities available and help them understand how to make this a reality.
- Offer high-quality work experience that properly reflects individuals’ studies and strengths, and supports the academic curriculum.
- Widen access to advice on options available post-16, for example, apprenticeships and vocational routes alongside the more traditional A-levels and university route.
- Provide face-to-face advice and guidance to build confidence and motivation.
- Work with local authorities to identify vulnerable young people, including those with special educational needs and those at risk of not participating post-16, and the services that are available to support them.
- Provide information to students about the financial support that may be available to help them stay in education post-16.
We have recently renewed our accreditation with The Matrix Standard for the next 3 years! Here is a little snippet of what they had to say about us…
They are committed to their ethos: Our fundamental belief is that everyone has the right to learn, develop and achieve. This is at the heart of the organisation’s philosophy and so our programs are designed and developed to inspire people to fulfil their true potential.We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to succeed in life through learning and development. To fulfil their ethos, they focus on three fundamental principles:
•We promise to deliver quality – from outstanding facilities to expert teachers and trainers, we provide a quality experience for all.
•We promise to support the journey – regardless of the start point, learners experience with us from qualifications to work experience to expert support with regards to transition to the workplace or further training. Our involvement and support with learners do not start and end in a classroom, it continues throughout their time with us.
•We promise to believe in the dream – our alternative route to employment is carefully and individually designed to support a young person, exceed their own expectations and develop into well rounded, confident, individual who is able to work independently and aim high.
Which they summarise in their strapline:
Quality first means never accepting second best
To read the full report, please click here.