Which centre would you be looking to join? Please select from the options below…
What is a Pre-Apprenticeship Programme?
It’s an introduction to the future career you want. It will help you develop the skills you need to start your career.
You will work towards a Level 1 vocational qualification in your occupational area and qualifications in Functional Skills.
What will you get?
- An insight into the practical work expected of you in your occupational area.
- A nationally recognised qualification in your occupational area and in Functional Skills, with he opportunity to complete an ILM course.
- Support finding a work placement.
What could it lead to?
- Progress onto an apprenticeship, into a job with training, or into further education.
- The skills, certificates and work experience that employers want.
- Opportunities for the next level of learning.
It’s the first step to getting the career of your choice.
- Between 16 and 19?
- Not in school, college or work?
- Looking for an alternative to Sixth Form or college?
The Pre-Apprenticeship Programme allows you to learn in a work-like environment, providing personal development and new skills to help you get job ready. If you don’t have the required qualifications to start an Apprenticeship, we can help you gain them, to help you progress onto an Apprenticeship.
If you’re not sure what career you’d like to get into, we can provide all the help and guidance you need to make a decision. Even if you didn’t do well at school, or think you don’t have what it takes – we can help!
Pre-Apprenticeship Programmes are tailored to suit the needs of young people aged 16-19 who are not yet ready, or able, to directly enter an apprenticeship or go directly into employment. Our Pre-Apprenticeship Programmes offer a completely different way of learning that will not only help you kick-start a great career, but will help you achieve nationally recognised qualifications.
The potential candidate must be between 16 and 19 years of age unless the potential candidate has an EHP. The candidate is entitled to receive government funded education in England. The candidate must hit the minimum standard of EL3 in both English and maths. This will be determined by an initial assessment at the centre.
Pre-Apprenticeships – A new way into work or further training for 16-19 year olds.