Prepare and sterilise a baby's bottle
This course is designed to build on your interest and passion within the childcare industry, covering a wide range of skills that will be developed throughout.
Unit one includes topics such as:
- Bathing a baby
- Making a bottle of baby milk
- Sterilising a baby’s bottle
- The importance of sterilisation
Unit two includes topics such as:
- Health and Safety
- How to carry out craft activities
- What sort of activities would be carried out
- Self assessment and how to constantly improve the activity
This qualification is suitable for people:
- who are new to the childcare industry;
- who have little to no previous experience of working in a childcare environment;
- who are looking to develop their knowledge of health and safety in this kind of environment.
The style of learning for this qualification will be work based – this means that the learner will spend less time in the classroom and more time in a vocational environment completing several tasks and projects to help build their portfolio of skills.
For this qualification knowledge and practice is assessed using evidence generated by you undertaking your normal work duties. Methods of assessment can include observation, discussion, looking at documentation, testimony and personal statement.
Videos coming soon…
Where will this course take the learner?
This course can put the learner on the right track for lots of exciting and different opportunities. Some of which includes:
- Nursery nurse
- Nursery teacher/assistant
- Au pair
- Childs rep
As part of this Pre-Apprenticeship course, you will also cover these three short courses:
and Functional Skills in both English and maths.