Hair & Beauty
This course is designed to build on your interest and passion within the hair and beauty industry, covering a wide range of skills that will be developed throughout.
Practical elements will include:
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Hairdressing consultation
- Style and dress hair using a variety of techniques
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Bridal hairstyling
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Styling women’s hair
- Hair plaiting
- The art of dressing hair
- Nail art application
This qualification is suitable for people:
- who are new to the hair and beauty industry;
- who have little to no previous experience of working in a hair salon;
- who are looking to develop their knowledge of health and safety in such an environment.
The style of learning for this qualification will be work based – this means that the learner will spend less time in the classroom and more time in the salon completing several projects to help build their portfolio of skills.
For this qualification knowledge and practice is assessed using evidence generated by you undertaking your normal work duties. Methods of assessment can include observation, discussion, looking at documentation, testimony and personal statement.
Where will this course take the learner?
This course can put the learner on the right track for lots of exciting and different opportunities. Some of which includes:
- Salon owner/worker
- Freelance mobile hairdresser
- Fashion industry
- Hotel/resort stylist
- Cruise ship stylist
- Cosmetology instructor
As part of this Pre-Apprenticeship course, you will also cover these three short courses:
and Functional Skills in both English and maths.