Microsoft Certified IT
This course is designed to build on your interest and passion within the IT industry, covering a wide range of skills that will be developed throughout.
Practical elements will include:
- Word processing software
- Enter and combine text and other information accurately within word processing documents
- Create and modify layout and structures for word process documents
- Use word processing software tools to format and present documents effectively to meet requirements
- Spreadsheet software
- Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Select and use appropriate formulas and data analysis tools to meet requirements
- Select and use tools and techniques to present and format spreadsheet information
- Presentation software
- Input and combine text and other information within presentation slides
- Use presentation software tools to structure, edit and format slide sequences
- Prepare slideshow for presentation
- Improving productivity using IT
- Plan, select and use appropriate IT systems and software for different purposes
- Review and adapt the ongoing use of IT tools and systems to make sure that activities are successful
- Develop and test solutions to improve the ongoing use of IT tools and systems
This qualification is suitable for people:
- who are new to the IT industry;
- who have little to no previous experience of working with computers.
The style of learning for this qualification will be classroom based – this means that the learner will all time in the classroom completing several projects and developing their knowledge on a computer which will help build their portfolio of skills.
For this qualification knowledge and practice is assessed using evidence generated by you undertaking your normal work duties. Methods of assessment can include observation, discussion, looking at documentation, testimony and personal statement.
Photos coming soon…
Videos coming soon…
Where will this course take the learner?
This course can put the learner on the right track for lots of exciting and different opportunities. Some of which includes:
- Customer service
- Stock replenishment
- Warehouse and Logistics
As part of this Pre-Apprenticeship course, you will also cover these three short courses:
and Functional Skills in both English and maths.