A Pre-Apprenticeship course is a stepping stone to get into the industry of your choice. Completion of a Pre-Apprenticeship course will help to:
- prepare you for the working environment in the selected industry
- give you some basic skills, or improve your existing skills
- pave the way for the learning you will get as part of your Apprenticeship.
When you start work as an Apprentice you are in a real job.
An Apprenticeship is a real job with training so you can earn while you learn and pick up some nationally recognised qualifications as you go. Apprenticeships take between one and four years to complete and cover 1500 job roles in a wide range of industries, from things like engineering to finance advice, veterinary nursing to accountancy.
- Earning a salary.
- Training in the skills employers want.
- Excellent progression opportunities, whether you are looking to study further or climb the ranks within the workplace.
- Increased future earning potential. Apprentices enjoy marked salary increases when they complete their training.
- Better long term salary prospects.
- Learning at a pace suited to the individual with support.
- Paid holiday.
At least a Grade E GCSE in English and maths or Functional Skills E3 equivalent.
Our Pre-Apprenticeship Programmes are run over a 20 week period. They consist of a mixture of learning in the workplace and doing classroom-based study.
Using the ForSkills assessment tool, we can assess Numeracy, Literacy and ICT, we can use this to determine your strengths in each are to help you achieve your Functional Skills.
The staff at K2 will support you to find suitable work experience in the subject are you are interested in, this gives you the opportunity to ‘learn on the job’, get a flavour of an Apprenticeship, and also adds to your C.V.
Together with your assessor we will write a plan for your course tailoring it so it meets your individual requirements and future plans.
You will be allocated an assessor at K2 who will visit you in your work place and be involved in your training at the centre. They will assess your needs and learning style and update your learning plan giving you constant feedback on your qualification.
Sorry, you do not get paid when you are doing your work experience hours. However, many people on the Pre-Apprenticeship programme do get paid employment with their work experience employers.
At the end of your course all work will be assessed and you will receive your qualification.
Here at K2 we take your progression very seriously; we will help find you an Apprenticeship on course completion or if you are ready for the next step earlier that’s fantastic and we can provide help and support with that too.