What is a Short Course?
Short courses is a great way to acquire new skills or to enhance your existing skills.
The course material is designed is such a way as to incorporate the theory behind the skill and the reasons why you need the skill. Courses are presented in such a way that you are easily able to relate to the content. The course content also contains numerous examples of how to apply the relevant skills in a practical environment.
Why should I study a short course?
There are many reasons for choosing to study a short course:
- You can become a better employee by acquiring new skills.
- You can update or enhance your existing skills.
- You can acquire knowledge and skills that will enable you to change careers.
- You can improve your CV by obtaining formal recognition for skills that you have gained through practical experience.
- Short courses are a great way to fill the gaps in your knowledge and give you a competitive edge when it comes to job promotions.
- Like a taste-tester at an ice cream shop, short courses can allow you to sample the wares before you buy. Gaining an insight into the type of knowledge required for a particular industry or field can save you the time and money of studying a full-time degree.
- If you’ve always wanted to turn your interests into a hobby or even if you wanted to find a hobby you’re interested in, short courses can be a great way to start out.