This qualification is aimed at candidates already working or preparing to work and that have may have been identified within the company’s risk assessment of first aid. There are no pre-requisites for this qualification but it is advised that candidates have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy, numeracy or equivalent.
The one day Emergency First Aid at Work course covers:
- The role and responsibility of an emergency first aider.
- Assessing an incident.
- Managing an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Managing an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- Managing a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Managing a casualty who is in shock.
- Managing a casualty with a minor injury.
The assessment is ongoing throughout the course, following the course you will be sent an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate. There is a formal multiple choice exam at the end of the course.